IKEA is our go-to for furniture and home goods, due to the low prices and (mostly) high quality. However as great as their KALLAX Shelving Units are their home accessories could use some help. They don’t even compare to the things you can find at Home Goods or TJ Maxx. But there’s good news! IKEA’s pieces can easily be transformed into chic, stylish home goods. Don’t believe me? You can look here where we turned a shelving unit into a bar cart, or here where we made an ornate frame into a cork board. Both were fueled by our love of gold spray paint. Here is another #IKEAhack for your DIY pleasure. This one is probably the most simple one we’ve done, and the results really exceeded our expectations!
- Lay a piece of contact paper face down on the floor.
- Pull a tape measure to 10 inches (the inside circumference of the tray). Put the tape measure in the center of your contact paper. Mark a dot at the 0″, 5″, and 10″ marks.
- Put the tape measure the opposite way. Find the middle dot and place the 5″ mark of the tape measure on the dot. Mark a dot at the 0″ mark and the 10″ mark.
- Repeat this process a few more times until your dots form a circle. Connect the dots to draw a full circle.
- Cut the circle out of the contact paper
- Peel a small section of the contact paper off and stick it to the tray, little by little peel back more of the paper. Go slowly to avoid air bubbles.
- Once the contact paper is on the tray smooth with a clean cloth to get all of the air bubbles out.
Share some of your #IKEAHacks with us in the comments below!