We love coasters in this house. Britta is kind-of a coaster freak, she never lets me put my glass on the table. If I’m going to use coasters, they might as well be cute! A few years ago Britta and I bought some ornate tiles and made those into coasters. We LOVE them, but you can never have enough coasters. Today when I was at Michaels I came across these 4″x4″ burlap panels. They looked liked coasters already but I wanted to jazz them up with some copper paint (copper is so attractive in my opinion). Make these DIY pretty coasters for your summer drinks!
You will need:
- 1 pack of 4×4 burlap panels-$2.99 at Michaels (there’s 3 in a pack). UPDATE: They no longer sell these at Michaels but Hobby Lobby does sell these 8″ x 8″ burlap canvas panels that you could cute into four 4″ x 4″ squares
- A 1″ foam brush-$0.49 at Michaels
- A bottle of Martha Stewart brand metallic copper acrylic paint-$2.49 for a 2 ounce bottle
- 1″ painters tape
1. Dab the foam brush in the paint and place it on the edge of the panel and press down (this step is just so you know where to put the tape, it should be one inch off of the edge of the panel)
2. Place the painters tape along the dab of paint on the panel. Make sure the paint is straight before pressing it down. It is actually pretty easy to get the paint straight if you use the “grid” that is in the burlap.
3. Let dry and remove the tape!
This whole process only takes about 15 minutes to make all three coasters!