As our addiction to makeup has worsened our makeup brush collection has grown (and grown, and then grown some more). As most of you know our allegiance to Morphe Brushes runs deep, as does our love for trying new brushes. We were in Michigan recently where we stopped at the store and lo and behold they had the new(ish) Wet N Wild brushes that we couldn’t find ANYWHERE on the West Coast. So of course we had to pick those up! Anyways, you see where this is going. Makeup brushes and tools can make or break your final makeup look, so we like to do our research and invest in good products.
Since we own so many brushes we have had to find ways to organize them. Last year we found some $2 faux marble toothbrush holders from H&M that we use for our everyday makeup brushes. Then I also purchased the Nate Berkus Desktop Organizer to sort out the rest of my brushes, but we’ve both recently outgrown our makeup brush storage so we thought it would be a great time to think of a DIY. We wanted to create something that was stylish, functional, and easy to make. This brush holder is all of those things and more! And it gave us the opportunity to try out the rose gold spray paint we’ve been dying to try!
- Straw Dispenser
- Spray Paint Primer
- Rose Gold Spray Paint
- Silver Vinyl
- Blend, Blend, Blend File
- Silhouette Cameo Machine (Optional)
- Make sure your straw dispenser is clean and dust free. Take out the inner portion and set the clear portion aside.
- Prime your dispenser. We used two coats of primer, with 20 minutes of drying time in between coats
- Spray paint your dispenser. Once again we used two coats and allowed 20 minutes of drying time between coats.
- Let dry overnight
- Cut out this file on your Cameo machine and adhere it to the clear portion of your dispenser. If you don’t have a cameo you can certainly print this out on regular paper and then trace it onto your vinyl.
- Add your makeup brushes and you’re done!
We really love how this makeup brush holder turned out, and it holds more brushes than we initially thought which makes it a great space saver!
How do you organize your makeup brushes?