Our favorite craft projects are the kinds you don’t plan on making. Britta and I usually make a weekend trip to Michaels, we use the excuse it’s “for the blog” but often times we leave with some candles and chocolate (their candles are THE BEST).
Well, last weekend’s trip to our favorite craft store ended in this project! We tried another project using Mod Podge Dimensional Magic while back that was a huge fail. As soon as we saw this wood tray, we knew we needed to re-vamp it. Our first thought was to make it gold (surprise, surprise). We actually planned on painting the wood rose gold to contrast the gold paper but ended up painting the tray both rose gold & gold. We LOVE how it turned out!
- Wooden Plaque, 8.5″ x 8.5″
- Gold Scrapbook Paper- we got ours at Michaels
- Mod Podge
- Gold Metallic Paint
- Mod Podge Dimensional Magic
- Paint the edges of your tray. We did one coat of Rose Gold followed by two coats of Gold. Let dry.
- Cut the scrapbook paper to fit perfectly inside the tray. Apply Mod Podge to the back of the scrapbook paper and press it into the tray.
- When the Mod Podge is dry pour a layer of Mod Podge Dimensional Magic inside the tray. Let Dry overnight.
What type of DIY tray would you like to see next? Let us know in the comments below!