This year for Valentines Day I decided to go the homemade, sentimental route. I made this “10 Things I Love About You” Scrapbook for my boyfriend. I included pictures of us along side each “thing” I love about him. It was fun for me to raid the scrapbook isle of Valentines themed paper, stickers, and ribbon.
- 1 medium chipboard album. Mine had six pieces of chipboard. Make sure the rings are included in the pack because they can be hard to find if you have to purchase them separately.
- Pieces of black cardstock
- 12 (1 for each side) sheets of scrapbook paper, in a “love” theme. Think hearts, pink, and red.
- Assorted ribbon, in the same “love” theme
- Glue stick & scissors
- Modge Podge & sponge applicator
- Embellishments (“love” themed)
- A Sharpie
- Razor blade & cutting mat
- Photos of the two of you
- Cut your photos to the desired size, and glue them to a piece of black cardstock. Cut around the edge, and leave just enough to make a border.
- Take your first piece of chipboard (the cover) and glue the scrapbook paper to it, using the Modge Podge. Make sure to glue it down with the white side up (facing you), so that the patterend side is the one that is covering the outside.
- Use your razor blade and cutting mat to cut the excess paper around the edges, so you’r left with a scrapbook covered piece of chipboard.
- Repeat steps 2 & 3 until all the pieces of chipboard are covered.
- Use the rings to put your album together.
- Decide which photos you want where, and glue them down however you desire. Leave enough room to write below or above each photo.
- Add embellishments to the pages
- Write one thing you love about them on each page. I didn’t put them in any specific order (#1 isn’t necessarily the thing I love about him the most).
- Tie ribbon to the rings and cut it so it’s not too long. This is just to cover up the silver (ugly) rings.
Valentines day is all about love, but also all about candy and chocolate, even for the guys! I picked out an assortment of candy, and decided to package it in a new way. I bought a clear pail from Michael’s. You can find them in the gift wrapping aisle, in a variety of sizes. I chose the largest size because of the amount of candy I had. Then I bought three different Valentines themed ribbon, and tied small pieces to the handle of the pail, in a repeating pattern. Then I just stuffed the candy in there. Such a simple, yet festive, way to package small gifts.
I must say, I’m pretty proud of my gift-making skills this year. My boyfriend loved his gifts. I hope everyone had a great Valentines Day!