We love any and all makeup, but there is nothing better than getting a new eyeshadow palette. While some of our favorites like the Morphe 350 Palette & the Too Faced Natural Eyes Palette are holy grail products, they don’t always have what we need to create that perfect eye look. Every palette has at least one shade that never gets touched.
Because of this Carli and I have been purchasing a lot of individual pan shadows to create our own custom palettes. Pan shadows from Morphe Brushes are only $2.25 and the quality is AMAZING! MAC just reduced the price of their pan shadows from $10 to $6 (score!) and our favorite shadows from Makeup Geek are always $6 a piece. So building your own palette doesn’t need to break the bank.
We found a really nice alternative to the Z Palette on Amazon for FIVE DOLLARS. That’s a 15 dollar savings! Since the front of this palette is just plain black, we decided to jazz it up with an easy DIY. I personalized this palette with my initials but you can write your favorite phrase or quote on the front as well. It’s up to you! The leather really adds some texture and you know we always love a touch of gold!
- Magnetic Eyeshadow Palette
- A Piece of Leather
- Gold Metallic Paint Marker, Fine Point
- Tacky Adhesive Spray
- 1/4 inch Alphabet Stamp Set
- Place the eyeshadow palette upside down on top of the leather. Trace around the palette and cut out the leather so the piece is the same size as the cover of your palette
- Using the stamp set & mallet, stamp your initials (or whatever you want, it could be a quote or phrase) into the leather
- Using your fine point metallic marker fill in the letters that you stamped
- Spray the cover of your eyeshadow palette with spray adhesive and attached the piece of leather to it. This spray dries super fast and it’s STRONG, so make sure to line up your leather properly the first time
- Fill your palette with eyeshadow pans!
What are some of your favorite pan shadows?