Even though I love how these coasters turned out, it was a rocky road to get to the finished product. I initially made these by marbling white & light pink clay, then wrote fun words on the tops with a gold leaf pen. I didn’t absolutely love how they turned out & they photographed so poorly.
I had initially wanted to do a navy blue/copper combo but could not find navy blue clay anywhere, until I took a little trip to Hobby Lobby! After finding navy blue clay, I decided to re-make these coasters since I already had most of the supplies. Have any of you ever had to re-make a craft before?!
You will need:
- Oven-Bake Clay (each 2 oz. block will make one coaster). This Premo! Sculpey clay was the only brand I could find that had dark blue.
- Martha Stewart Metallic Multi-Surface Craft Paint (I used Rose Copper)
- Painters tape
- 1″ Foam Brush
- A Rolling pin
- 4″ cookie cutter
- Roll out clay, one 2 oz. block at a time.
- Use your cookie cutter to cut out a circle from that one block
- Place all your circles on a baking sheet lined with wax paper
- Follow baking instructions listed on the package
- Let cool
- Use painters tape to tape off any design you’d like
- Use your foam brush to paint on the clay inside the design you’ve taped off
- Let dry & spray with a sealer
Have you ever made clay coasters? Let me know in the comments below! I’d love to see them.