It may be September, but Britta and I are not ready to give up summertime drinks. Summer sips are always light, refreshing and usually fruity. Everything I want in a drink. Watermelons have been a super popular ingredient around the blogesphere this summer & we wanted in on the action.
Ingredients (makes 1 cocktail):
- 2 ounces (1/4th cup watermelon vodka)–we used Smirnoff but we prefer the SKYY Barcraft Watermelon Fresca Vodka
- 1.5 ounces (one standard shot) watermelon juice
- 1.5 ounces watermelon raspberry coconut water
- 3 ounces lemon lime soda (we used 7up)
- A handful of fresh mint
- A cup of watermelon, cut into 1″ cubes
- Place 2 mint leaves in the bottom of your glass. Use your muddler to muddle the leaves.
- Place 1 watermelon cube in your glass; muddle it.
- Place 2 ounces of watermelon vodka in your glass, followed by 1.5 ounces coconut water, 1.5 ounces of watermelon juice & 3 ounces of lemon lime soda.
- Stir to mix together
- Add some ice cubes
- Garnish you drink with a watermelon slice & a mint leaf. Cheers!
What summertime drink are you not ready to let go of?!