We’ve been loving all of the decorative antlers that are popping up anywhere from Target to Z Gallerie. You can go full blown into this trend with a golden stag head, or subtle with an antler magnifying glass. However you do it, antlers are sure to add a little something exotic to your everyday decor.
We had most of the supplies at home so we only needed to purchase the cutting board & the antlers for this project, which made it under TEN DOLLARS. I know. We couldn’t believe it either. If you want to do this on the cheap like we did, buy these exact products. But you can always use a larger cutting board and antlers to customize this tray to your liking!
- APTITLIG Chopping Board ($5.00)
- Gold Resin Antlers Double Hook (SALE $4.50)
- Grey Marble Contact Paper
- Gold Craft Paint
- Paint Brush
- Hot Glue Gun & Gluesticks
- Unscrew the two antlers from the base. They will pop out easily.
- Paint the edges of the cutting board gold. We had to do THREE coats. Thank goodness the paint dries fast!
- Cover the top of the cutting board with marble contact paper. If you get air bubbles use a needle to prick them, and let the air out
- Use your glue gun to attach an antler to each side. Only put glue on the portions that touch the board, otherwise it will get messy!