Like many, we love the healing properties of essential oils but we don’t use them to our advantage enough. We’ll diffuse oils from time to time but we know the real benefits come from applying oils directly to the skin. And when I saw directly I mean mixed with a carrier oil, since most oils should never be applied directly on the skin. Anyways, today we’re showing you an easy way to combine the benefits of crystals and essential oils in a travel-friendly aromatherapy rollerball.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Assorted Essential Oils
- Sweet Almond Oil (or Fractioned Coconut Oil)
- 10ml Roller Bottles
- Assorted Crushed Crystals
Step One (optional): If your crystals are not pre-crushed you’ll have to do so by wrapping each crystal in a cloth, and use a hammer to refine the crystal pieces to a size that will fit in your roller bottle.
Step Two: Place all crystal pieces in each roller bottle.
Step Three: Using a dropper, fill your bottles about 75% up with sweet almond oil. We went with sweet almond oil due to its moisturizing properties. You can also use fractioned coconut oil or jojoba oil. Choose your favorite!
Step Four: Next, add approximately 10 drops of each essential oil to each roller bottle. Of course, you can use less or more depending on your scent strength preference. Here are the combinations we went with:
- Peridot is a stone that is used for intellectual progression. It helps open the mind and shift bad habits. So we thought it would be perfect to pair with a mental clarity oil blend.
- Pink tourmaline is known to help release worries so we paired it with a calming oil blend.
- The Iolite stone enhances creativity and we paired it with lavender oil- a versatile oil that decreases stress and helps calm the mind.
- Blue apatite is a motivational stone, promoting independence and ambitiousness. We paired it with a ‘breathe easy’ oil blend, that’s essentially peppermint and eucalyptus which raise alertness.
Step Five: Now fill the rest of each bottle to the top with sweet almond oil, using the dropper.
Step Six: Add the ball and cap to each bottle and shake them to make sure the essential oils have mixed with the almond oil.
As mentioned above we love using sweet almond oil for projects like this because it’s so incredibly moisturizing and thick enough to where you can control how much is dispensed from the rollerball. These perfumes are perfect for throwing in your bag and using during times of stress, or right before your morning yoga class, or even before bed. The best part is that they’re totally customizable. Use whatever oil blends and crystals work best for you!
Originally posted on danibarbe.com